Hey all-
After two REALLY long days of driving (fyi, when you come to visit me, TAKE THE PLANE), we got to East Lyme around 4:00 yesterday.
Wow.
First thoughts were centered around:
1) Hey look, trees! ... Everywhere...!
2) This town is cute.
3) This town is too cute.
4) This town is SCARY [cute]
It's really... quaint, I guess. I've never lived anywhere remotely similar to this, so its interesting. Pictured below is the town's major intersection. Case and point.
We drove to our house and looked around a little, brought suitcases in, etc. I do like my room, however, I later realized that around 7 AM, you are blinded by God's own 80 gazillion watt lightbulb coming through my two east-facing windows.
I'm hoping that we get blinds soon.

Anyway, we ate at this little fish market, which was really good. Later Dad took us over to Hole-in-the-Wall Beach (See right) to look around. Yes, that IS its actual name. You can see the town's nuclear power generator from here! (not pictured)
Dad was mentioned in the local paper when he first took up the job a few weeks ago-- they wrote a little article on him. Everybody here knows each other, is the conclusion I think I'm mentally arriving at.
There aren't many big, chain places around (with the exception of McDonalds and Starbucks, naturally); its all locally owned.
I'd love to add pictures but I'm currently on an unsecured network at a real estate office, and for some reason no computer recognizes my camera's memory card, so I'll add some later. The ones on here are from the good ol' internet.
I have to say, I saw all these groups of friends wandering around town and I was tempted to jump out the car window and run over yelling "HI MY NAME'S EMILY CAN I BE UR FRIEND??!?!?!!!!11?" But you know, my superior intellect and social conscience advised me against doing so. Seriously, though, its weird acknowledge that not one single person in town knows my name.
Help? :/
Love and miss all of you!
EMILLY!!! I miss you! I dunno what to tell you about you're friends though. But as long as some really pale guy doesn't start to take an interest in you, I think you'll be ok. Btw, you need to get unlimited texting ok? Just as a way to stay in toutch.
ReplyDelete-Teh Queen Zarah.