Hi!
Sorry for not posting more often. I'm not really sure what's going on with the matter, but currently my family has no internet nor television service until... well, i'm not sure, but I don't think it'll be any time soon that we get it. :/ Right now I'm at the Niantic Public Library posting this.
So, before the moving truck came on Saturday, we had an interesting time sitting around Friday with a totally empty house. My sleeping arrangement (and I'll post a picture later) was a couple of blankets and a pillow on the floor of my closet for two nights. xD
On a more positive note, I also went to Home Depot and bought a BROMILIAD. :D
And fyi, bromiliads are really, really cool. I have a pretty bad rep when it comes to house plants, so I'm hoping to keep this one alive.
Saturday morning, I woke from my closet to see that the moving van had arrived, which was a really exciting concept at that point in time. So exciting, in fact, that I had my entire room de-boxed and set up by the time the moving van was pulling away from the house. :D
But, you all know me, this wasn't good enough, because by Sunday morning, I was already re-deconstructing my room in order to start painting it. Once again, i'll post pictures later.
Also Sunday, we went to the 10th annual Celebrate East Lyme festival to wander around Main Street and watch the fireworks. Unfortunately, I am already able to sort the teenage boys of the area into two categories: Abercrombie poster-child, and pseudo wife-beater-and-lopsided-hat-clad New York gangster type.
Yikes. :/
So today is Monday, and we still haven't met any neighbors, nor have I talked to anyone my age in the whole town. I'm at the library searching the bulletin board and internet for: Local churches/ youth groups, volunteer opportunities, art groups/ lessons, tennis lessons, and sailing lessons. I reaaaaally don't want to have to wait for school to begin before I start meeting people.
ttyl!
~Emily
P.S: It's COLD HERE. ALL THE TIME
P.P.S. East Lyme is devoid of three things, i've come to realize: Street lights, side walks, and garbage disposals (some weirdo septic tank law)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i forget if you told me - what color are you painting your room?
ReplyDeletehaha.i would go for the abercrombie poster childs. its better that a wannabe gangster.
ReplyDeleteThats halarious. No vampires yet, huh? What color is your room going to be? I do hope your find a youth group or something. It must be horrible not knowing anybody.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, get unlimited texting!! It might help in the future. :D Hand in there!
yes yes yes!! texting texting texting!! i just got back from spirit camp and was like, "ahh!! i miss emily sooo much!! XD"
ReplyDelete