Hey-
AND WE HAVE INTERNET.
We could have engaged in nuclear warfare with the Soviet Union and my family would've never known.... assuming the Soviets started by bombing the west coast.
But the local company SUCKS and since they have no competition in rural connecticut... why bother? Yeah, great company motto, and they adopted it with pride. So we don't have wireless. So my parents are probably gonna throw the motem out the window and somehow find somebody else.
I have a lot to say, sooooooo I'm gonna put up a random mosh of pictures and words and hope that ya'll catch on at some point or another, kk?
Some older pictures from other posts:

From my family's trip to Downtown Mystic, a popular tourist spot and a very cute old whaling town. And they have the best ice cream EVER, for the record, ask Madison for validation.

My sleeping arrangements prior to the moving truck... yes, that is the floor of my closet

MY BROMILIAD (I haven't killed it to date!!! :D)

My [future] high school.

First time driving to my house... this is the road in

My sister and I wandered to White Gate Farm down the street last weekend. We're getting better about the no-sidewalks thing here

I've continued to paint my room... a little shout-out here for ya'll. :)

My family did a little south-eastern CT touring, we took this car ferry across a river because it was more fun than driving over a bridge.

We ended up at Gillette Castle, a.k.a. the mansion-ish thing of a rather eccentric actor during the 20's. Pretty, but bizarre. He built these mirrors to spy on his guests, secret passages to avoid people, he cemented stuff down so he wouldn't lose it, etc.

There's this Ahh-DORABLE little (okay, not so little) resale bookshop called the Bookbarn. Basically, you sell your books, and they accumlate MASSES AND MASSES AND MASSES OF BEAUTIFUL LITERATURE. So many masses, in fact, that they had to move out of their like, 5 barns worth of categorized books and build a Bookbarn Downtown down the street. And the Bookbarn Midtown is currently in construction. You can find anything. And paperbacks are a dollar. Yeah, ya heard me, ONE DOLLAR. Normal hardcovers are between $3-12. They have roughly 24 cats running around at last count, two dogs, some goats, mules, etc, and gardens to sit around in. Above is pictured the little playground, and an old black tomcat that fell asleep in my lap while I was sitting reading.
Well, that's all the pre-Madison stuff that's been sitting around; I'm glad I got to clear it out. I'll try and post the newer stuff from this week tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment