Hey, sorry for the lack of posting. We still don't have TV, home phone, or internet at my house. I'm at the library again.
BUT we get all of that tomorrow (FINALLYYYYY) so I'll post pics and a more detailed list of events, this is only a verrrry basic overview.
First off, Madison was here this weekend. YAY MADISON!!! We toodled around the area and I have to say it was amazing seeing somebody from St. Louis... if only more would come and do the same. *cough cough*
I started volunteering at a relatively new food pantry, and met some pretty cool East Lyme HS kids while at it. Yay for friends!
And the next day, my mom took me to sign up for art lessons. They're in a loft studio next to the teacher's house, who graduated two daughters through art school and has a son my age at East Lyme. I'm not posting names because that's kinda creeperish in case any of these new EL friends happen across this blog, but he introduced me (and Madison, thanks Madison!) to his girlfriend and a couple of her friends, who are all really sweet and readily accepting of the "new girl". They're also the fellow hardcore academics who told me:
1) there's a freaking buttload of SUMMER WORK that the counselor never told me about
2) I don't know what classes I'm even taking in order to complete said summer work for because...
3) AP and certain other classes I'd planned on taking FILL UP quickly, and by hearsay most of them are already closed. Um... wtf. THANK YOU, SCHOOL COUNSELOR. I told her what classes I wanted to take BEFORE these kids even got out of school last year, yet she insisted that I wait until a week and a half before school starts to actually enroll in them.
So I'm sitting here. At the library. Wondering what books I'm supposed to be checking out. Because none of the school's administration bothered to give me a little heads up.
Thank you, East Lyme faculty.
-------------------------------------------------------
On the plus side, I'm gonna have a touching moment here: it was cool having Madison around to meet these new people, kinda like an anchor back to STL, and I was sad to see her go. :(
On another note, I was supposed to start tennis lessons along with my brother this week, but I pulled something in my shoulder and could hardly move this morning, so now I'm taking them next week but still have to drive my brother this week. I was a bit nervous about that this morning because I'd totally drugged myself up on Advil and was shaky. After taking way more than the recommended amount (most of you know I hate taking medicine, too), I'm still a little off kilter 10 hours later. But at least I now have at least minimal movement on the left half of my body! :D
I'll post again tomorrow, I love and miss you all so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
NOOO!!! Not the wretched summer work! :P I'm sure you could call the school or something to find out about your classes. That sucks though. I wish I could come and see you. Maybe soon, eh?
ReplyDeletei wanna come toooooooooooooooooooo!!! :D
ReplyDelete